Official program launch in Tanzania
We are upscaling our programs in Tanzania, aiming to re-green an area the size of 20.000 km² by the year 2021!
After a period of testing and developing our new training and movement program in 1 of the 7 districts of Dodoma, Kongwa, we are extremely excited to announce that, together with our local partner the LEAD Foundation, we are upscaling our re-greening program to all the other districts in Dodoma: Mpwapwa, Kondoa, Chamwino, Bahi, Chemba and Dodoma urban.
This 3-year program targets:
- We aim to restore 194,400 hectares with at least 14,000,000 trees raised through Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR).
- 1,296 farmers will be trained as facilitators.
- We’ll reach almost 200,000 households, half of the total number of households of the region.
- Each household will restore 1 hectare.
- The program also targets at least 2 hectares of communal land per community to be conserved though FMNR and water harvesting techniques.
National program launch!
You’ll understand that this had to be celebrated with a national program launch in Tanzania.
It was held on the 5th of October in the Dodoma region with representatives of all districts.
The launch started with a great traditional dance!